It’s been a long while since I’ve reported on the Viper build, but I finally have made some progress worthy of publishing. A new year, a new beginning…
One of my main hurdles was a lack of space for the Viper and my various other projects. To address this I’ve built another 12m x 7m shed. This space will allow me to continue with the build and will eventually be the home of the completed Viper. Always in search of a new challenge, I ended up doing the shed build myself, with some help from family and friends. It took the best part of 12 months but I now have a great deal of extra space and a hangar in which to house and protect the whole Viper.
In terms of the Viper, I’ve been sheeting the fuselage and almost have one side complete. I’ve acquired a bend brake to assist with the straight edge bends and would now be lost without it.
I’ve also been working on the canopy – a combination of aluminium framing and polycarbonate. The poly sheeting has a slight tint to it and should look great when the canopy is done.
I began some work on the high engine intake and have a plan on how to sheet it and accurately achieve the compound curves.
Starting to look more like it now:
Finally, I’ve started on the rear half of the Viper framework.
I hope my next update will much sooner this time round… All the best for 2019 !!